A. C. Joshi Library
The following are entitled to draw books from the Library on loan after they have secured their membership Pass Books/Reader's Tickets, duly signed/fascimile stamped by the Librarian. Applications for membership duly recommended by the competent authority shall be made to the Librarian on prescribed form obtainable from the Cashier, Panjab University, Chandigarh, on payment of price as may be determined by the Vice-Chancellor, from time to time.
The rule regarding submission of an application form shall not apply to the Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor.
- Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Fellows of the University.
- Members of the various Faculties, Boards and Committees of the University.
- Members of the teaching staff of the University and affiliated colleges. Re-employed teachers shall be issued books during the tenure of their re-employment.
- Students of the University actually on the rolls of the teaching Departments. They may continue to avail consultation facility during the interim period i.e. having obtained the clearance chit from the Library for appearing in the examination and enrolment for the next session in July.
- Approved candidates for the Degree of Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy, M.E., M.Pharm., Doctor of Science and Doctor of Literature. Such members shall deposit a refundable security of Rs. 1000 each.
- All the confirmed employees of the University are entitled to the privilege of membership of the Library. Employees unconfirmed (1) Teachers, (2) class A, (3) classes (B & C) can also become members by depositing Rs. 1000 for Teachers and class A employees and Rs. 500 for class B & C employees as refundable security.
- The Librarian can enroll special borrowing members as also renew membership of old members on the approval of the Dean of University Instruction. Such members will have to pay an annual subscription fee of Rs. 2,000 and a refundable security of Rs. 4,000. However in case of retired university employees the security amount will remain Rs. 1500 only.
- Any Library which has established inter-loan relationship with this Library and institutions of standing approved by the Vice-Chancellor/Dean of University Instruction.
- Panjab University Alumni:
- Panjab University Alumni Patron members will be enrolled as Library member by paying refundable security of Rs. 5,000 and annual subscription of Rs. 500.
- The superannuated life members will be enrolled as library members by paying refundable security of Rs. 4,000 and annual subscription of Rs.1,000.
- Other life members after 5 years of enrolment as member of P U Alumni Association will be entitled to Library membership on the same terms as at ii above. Membership to such members will be limited to 25.
- Institutional membership to industrial, business and commercial units as a part of the Industry-Institute Partnership Programme, at a refundable security of Rs. 10,000 and renewal annual membership fee of Rs. 2,500.
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)